Who we are looking for
The Fund Accountant is responsible for calculating the net asset values of funds by processing daily accounting related functions to ensure funds prices are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Fund Accountant is the central point of contact for all accounting support functions and analyzes the information received; making sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accountant, Associate 1 you will
- complete Net Asset Value calculation ensuring accuracy and timeliness,
- complete and prove reasonability of the Fund valuation components,
- compare and confirm account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, explain any discrepancies,
- review fund evaluation components if required,
- be involved in departmental ad-hoc projects,
- be involved in the training and development of other team members when needed,
- make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- numeracy / literacy skills,
- accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines,
- basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential,
- ability to take ownership and initiative,
- effective communication and team work,
- accuracy, good quality work and attention to details,
- excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Previous experience in fund administration preferred but not essential.
- PC literacy and competency in the use of spreadsheets and word processing
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers