We are currently looking for an experienced Trade Compliance professional to join our Downstream (DS) and Renewables and Energy Solutions (RES) businesses.
The Trade Compliance environment is dynamic, increasingly complex and more frequently being used as a foreign policy tool. Ensuring Shell complies with all regulatory expectations is a fundamental principle of how we do business and at the heart of growing trust in Shell and living our values.
You will be a key part of a Shell-wide network of trade compliance professionals, focused on implementing a capability to assure the design and operating effectiveness of our control responses for the Downstream (DS) and Renewables and Energy Solutions (RES) businesses.
This role is part of a pool of advisors who will support across the DS & RES businesses based on risk and value considerations.
If you are delivery-oriented and are able to translate regulatory risk into actionable and effective business outcomes, this is your opportunity to work in a dynamic and evolving area of business risk.
What is the Role?
As Downstream (DS) Trade Compliance (TC) Assurance Advisor, you’re going to be responsible for supporting the delivery and operation of an effective Trade Compliance digitalization for the Downstream & Renewables and Energy Solutions businesses by providing advice and assurance to ensure the effective operation of the control framework.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Delivering assurance capability for the Downstream businesses.
• Policy interpretations of central guidance as appropriate for business risk management.
• Support oversight and assurance of existing processes and control activities e.g. business rules assurance, controls assurance, quality assurance activities.
• Provide business level subject matter expertise, advice and guidance on standard processes and controls (including due diligence and screening), with escalations to Shell Ethics and Compliance Officer as needed.
• Support for targeted risk assessments, risk mitigations and issue resolution.
• Support the DS TC knowledge and capability agenda including analysis and follow up of incidents and the delivery of business specific training programmes.
• Enable the digitalization, automation and continuous improvement opportunities for TC related processes and controls.
What We Need from You?
To deliver this challenging agenda you will bring subject matter expertise, business knowledge and proven stakeholder management together by demonstrating:
• Experience in controls, governance, KYC (Know Your Customer) risk,and assurance, and a sound knowledge of the TC Control Framework.
• Deep understanding of key risks; exposures and developments associated with Trade Compliance activities, especially Sanctions related risks.
• Track record of engaging stakeholders in a virtual environment and delivering through others.
• Continuous Improvement: Ability to work with the business to translate improvement opportunities into ways of working.
• Communications (written and spoken) skills and ability to articulate risk, controls and assurance principles including ability to make it relevant in non-technical language.
• Fluent English