Application Support Specialist (Global Risk System)
Product Management and Development
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy being the “go to” person for a range of end user application usability and data issues? Do you understand the importance of timely and accurate reporting, robust data quality controls, managing operational risk, and owning problems through to resolution? Are you committed to continual improvement, innovation, collaboration, and challenging the status quo? Do you want to be a part of an international team and a successful multi-asset investment solutions business?
We are looking for someone like that to:
• Join an established high performing client service team delivering daily market risk, liquidity risk and ESG reports to a range of investment professionals across UBS Asset Management.
• Learn ex-ante risk estimation from the bottom up working with daily batch ETL jobs, security mastering, multi-asset investments including equity, fixed income, alternatives, and derivative instruments.
• Resolving real-time challenges for application end-users and down-stream consumer systems.
• Developing, enhancing, and supporting data visualizations using Tableau.
Our Investment Solutions team is responsible for the management of multi-asset and currency portfolios and is a solution provider for institutional and private clients. We are looking to hire a team member to strengthen our Analytics & Modelling team. The team is responsible for the Global Risk System, the development and implementation of portfolio construction techniques, analyses along the entire investment process, such as performance attribution, and modelling questions across Investment Solutions.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• A university degree or equivalent in computer science or related subject and a flair for technology / IT.
• Good SQL programming skills and experience using data visualizations such as Tableau, Excel or similar.
• Experience with data vendor terminal applications such as FactSet, Bloomberg or Eikon.
• Affinity for systems and technology, including portfolio management, performance attribution, and risk management systems.
• A client focused mindset with at least 3-5 years of work experience, ideally in a technical support role in the asset management industry or with a financial technology vendor.
• You are able to work broadly within a large, complex organization (you know the value of sharing information).
• A great communicator with a resilient positive outlook, able to actively collaborate within a highly skilled and diverse team.
• Keen to take the initiative with a methodical approach to problem solving that naturally focuses on delivering solutions that are optimal for the business.
fluent in English.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.