Who we are looking for:
A candidate who is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Fund Accountants. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Senior Fund Accountant needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so.We are looking for suitable candidates in Krakow and Gdansk.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
- Prepare daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing;
- Assist in the Dealing Date accounting process;
- Assist in reviewing and resolving reconciliations of portfolio cash and security accounts;
- Work on corporate actions, equities, fixed income, futures, options and swaps and complex financial instruments;
- Assist in semi-annual and annual audit process;
- Handle more complex tasks;
- Provide advice and serve as a point of reference for queries from junior fund accountants;
- Identify any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Highly numerate & IT literate;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (completed with a good final score).
- At least one year of experience in fund accounting, hedge funds;
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or partially qualified will be an advantage;
- Fluent English language skills.
- Hybrid work;
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops