Junior Financial Crime Prevention / KYC Specialist
Job Reference #
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone with an analytical mind and an eye for detail? Then we are looking for someone like you.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and close attention to detail who wishes to build a career within Financial Crime Prevention/AML by joining our Krakow based Anti-Money Laundering team. Financial Crime Prevention includes KYC/Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Fraud.
The role is to support the Asia Pacific Financial Crime Prevention team providing a range of activities:
• primarily the role is focused on providing Know Your Customer advisory support services to manage financial crime risk, you will:
• perform related Know Your Customer advisory risk mitigation tasks
• maintain risk registers to ensure they are updated, accurate and complete
• communications about risks and management support
• perform consolidation, co-ordination support tasks across countries
• perform screening and related investigation/control activities
• perform second-line of defence risk mitigation tasks ad-hoc or periodic within the wider FCP function as required
You will be part of the Financial Crime Prevention team within Compliance & Operational Risk Control which seeks to ensure that all compliance, conduct and operational risks with the Financial Crime segment are understood, owned and managed within the Bank's risk appetite.
You will support the Asia Pacific team from Krakow.
The Asia Pacific team relevant country service recipient is Australia and New Zealand. The role includes morning handover of tasks for timezone coverage.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably finance / law related
• min. 6 months of experience within AML / KYC / Financial Crime area OR
• min. 6 months of experience within operational risk / compliance area
• fluency In English
• Chinese language ability preferred but not essential
• confidence to challenge the status quo and demonstrate strong risk awareness
• ability to prioritize own workload and to work well within a team
• excellent judgment and decision making skills
• good knowledge of MS Office
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.