Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Fund Accounting Manager with experience in both, fund administration and people management who will join the UK Fund Accounting division. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Manager you will
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) within your charge.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting Poland’s activities.
- Monitor team expertise on all aspects of client operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Run monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc. ensuring any action points are followed up.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting (MIS, CRM & Senior Ops KPIs) and ad hoc liaison.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Organizational insight & influence
- Collaboration & team work
- Ability to develop talents
- Proactive approach
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years working experience in the provision of fund administration services or another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- At least Bachelor’s degree educations, finance related studies are preferred.
- Solid knowledge about the industry.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Home office possibilities
- Employee savings plan
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- International operating environment
*Starting hours: 11:00