Junior Market Conduct Analyst
Job Reference #
Do you like staying abreast of ever changing financial markets and are you enticed by their dynamic environment? Do you ‘think on your feet’, balancing commercial objectives with legal, regulatory and ethical considerations?
We’re looking for a Junior Market Conduct Analyst to:
• Learn to make the best use of industry leading market surveillance technology to analyze market activity, take an informed view and decide upon potential market abuse escalation;
• Gain and apply a good understanding of Market Abuse (MAR) regulatory standards, market abuse offences in cash equity and ETD markets and internal operational risk framework;
• Be an advocate for digitalization and simplification to make sure manual and repeatable tasks are replaced by self-developed (semi-automated or automated) solutions;
• Communicate and work together effectively with your functional colleagues and key stakeholders globally to maintain fruitful relationships built on thoroughness and trust;
• Keep up and inform others of market news, trends and regulatory updates and developments.
You’ll be working in Trade Surveillance Equities/ETD IB UK team in UBS Fabryczna Office located in Kraków. We monitor automated alerts generated against orders and trades to identify potential instances of market abuse (insider dealing, market manipulation). As a Market Conduct Analyst, you’ll play an important role in seeing that market abuse and misuse of sensitive UBS or client's information is prevented and that internal policies are complied with safeguarding UBS's reputation against legal and regulatory risks.
• Last year student or bachelor’s, master’s degree or equivalent, ideally in finance, economics, legal or in science;
• Basic understanding of securities exchanges and traded products. Any previous experience ideally in risk, audit, compliance or securities trading-related roles within the financial services industry is a plus;
• Data literate. Any skills and experience in data science, data analysis or process automation will be considered as an advantage;
• Good attention to detail with a basic ability to analyze stock charts and market patterns;
• Very good communication skills with a solid written and spoken English;
• Confident user of Microsoft Office programme (particularly Excel).
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.