Country Risk Model Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you interested in how political and economic events impact credit risk of the bank? Are you experienced in applying macro-economic concepts and quantitative modelling? Do you enjoy analyzing complex data and developing new solutions? Then we are looking for you to support us to:
– develop and maintain models, methodologies and tools to assess country, sovereign and related risks applied across the bank
– monitor model performance and manage model related governance processes
– contribute to research, analysis and diverse projects (country-specific, comparative and geopolitical themes) produced by the team
– support further development and automation of internal tools and processes
– interact with specialists in different areas to drive upgrades of the internal framework and processes
You will be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk Team in Kraków. Our mandate is the assessment of global political & economic risks, assignment of country and related ratings, oversight of group country limits and development of macroeconomic scenarios for stress testing. This requires a sound knowledge of macroeconomic and political theory, econometric modelling skills, as well as the interaction with various internal experts and management.
– university degree in Economics, Political Economy, Finance or Econometrics
– profound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and concepts
– proficient in English, MS office (Excel) and strong digital skills (e.g. R, Phyton, data visualization tools)
– practical experience with rating models, country risk or relevant economic research a plus
– strong analytical and organizational skills: you like to work with data and report your findings eloquently
– a pro-active, reliable team-player with a strong attention to detail, but also able to work independently
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.