Financial Analyst in Group Strategic Planning
Job Reference #
Do you have a strong technical background and sound understanding of financial data?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
As a Financial Analyst in Group Strategic Planning you will contribute to enabling the financial planning & analysis process on UBS group level by managing the IBM Cognos TM1 application. You will work collaboratively across Finance functions to design and implement technical solutions supporting development of the group-wide strategic plan. You will help derive actionable insights and outcomes from data, advise and challenge the business's activities, performance and strategy, and optimize the use of the firm's financial resources.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Liaise with stakeholders involved in UBS financial planning to facilitate the design and develop technical solutions in the system.
• Develop and maintain structures, dimensions and data flows using IBM Cognos TM1
• Execute control procedures and data management ensuring integrity and consistency of data
• Analyze financial data for business planning, strategic analysis and performance reviews including commentary
• Develop and maintain financial models and calculations in IBM Cognos TM1 to support the group wide planning process
• Support projects and ad hoc requests
Group Strategic Planning (GSP) is a team within Corporate Development & Performance that provides analysis and advice to the Group’s senior decision making bodies.
GSP steers the UBS planning process globally, develops the 1 Year Operating Plan and 3 Year Strategic Plan in cooperation with stakeholders across the Group, and assesses performance against plan throughout the year.
In addition, GSP supports the Business Divisions in the execution of their strategy and is involved in Group strategic projects with a focus on Finance topics.
• A Bachelor or Master's degree in Mathematics or Computer Science
• Strong analytical skills and high level of numeracy
• Proficiency in IBM Cognos TM1 or a similar system is a plus
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Knowledge of Python or similar language will be a plus
• Excellent command of English (written/oral)
• Curious, motivated and a pro-active self-starter
• Well organized and detail oriented
• An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.