Data Engineer (Evidence Lab)
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #
UBS Evidence Lab is looking for a data engineer to join its Data Engineering team. The teams’ focus is building scalable frameworks and services used to analyze large datasets in the context of financial analysis and alternative data. They leverage well-established engineering processes and techniques pioneered by giants in the tech industry. Projects span general pipelining to building internal web tools to helping develop low-latency query and analysis engines.
No background in finance is required, so this is a great opportunity to get exposure to the finance industry. Think of the team as a well-funded engineering startup within an investment bank.
- develop highly scalable data processing pipelines
- develop data query and analysis services to be leveraged by clients, internally and externally
- maintain a high standard of code quality within the broader engineering team
- adapt the latest data processing and infrastructure techniques to our growing stack
You'll be working in the Evidence Lab team in Krakow. [Provide a further description of your team]
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- established track record in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining scalable systems
- second-nature knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- second-nature knowledge of SQL
knowledge developing and debugging Python
- formal education in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- experience with distributed systems
- experience with Apache Spark
- experience with Apache Airflow
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.