C&ORC Taxonomy specialist
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? Do you advocate for the importance of operational risks?
We're looking for a Compliance and Operational Risk Control taxonomy specialist to:
• manage the firm-wide operational risk assessment process with the taxonomy owner and SME of two of the top risk taxonomies for UBS (investment suitability and product & service lifecycle)
• set up a robust process of data retrieval and reporting in systematic manner for the quarterly operational risk appetite assessment
• completing regular root cause analyses where indicators show a potential breach
• preparing presentations, reports and summaries
• assisting with thematic reviews and read across activities
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You'll be working in the Compliance & operational Risk team in Krakow, Poland. Our team is responsible for the taxonomies of Investment Suitability and Product and Service Lifecycle. For this we need support in setting up a quarterly data retrieval and analytics process as well as helping to conduct data-driven quarterly risk assessments. Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Several years of experience in a risk, audit or compliance function in a financial services firm, or equivalent role in an audit or consultancy firm
• Sound data analytical skills, including use of SQL, Tableau, Power BI desktop, or other data retrieval and presentation tools
• Experience in leading and completing risk assessments
• Excellent analytical, administrative and organisational skills to work and perform well under pressure
• Reliable self-starter and pro-active "hands-on" team player with the ability to effectively operate in an dynamic environment with a wide range of functional specialists
• Agile and flexible work attitude to respond fast to ad-hoc assignments and changes
• Excellent communication skills in English and preferably German, verbal and written
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.