Senior Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for a Java Developer to:
• design software aligned to business and IT requirements, transferring business problems into technical solutions
• maintain, design and develop microservices that can be deployed into the cloud
• understand our core applications, actively maintain and develop them, while partnering with solution architects to enable and drive deployment of strategic solutions
• guide implementation teams to successful delivery
• make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
You'll be working in the [desk name] team in [Location]. [Provide a further description of your team]
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• solid Core Java knowledge, largely backend, knows how to (auto) test
• proven commercial experience as Senior Developer,
• proven delivery of high performing IT solutions
• knowledge about event streaming and messaging systems (Kafka highly desirable)
• ability to produce secure, stable and good performing code
• in depth understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance etc.)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.