Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
A Tax Manager will lead teams of Analysts, Seniors and Assistant Managers and will be responsible for client service delivery for a particular client, geography, area or specialization. Reporting to a Senior Manager or Partner/ Executive Director, they will assist the management team in developing and coaching team members as well as ensuring that resources are deployed effectively. A manager is expected to develop collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues.
The job holder will work on U.S. individual, trust and partnership tax returns.
Your key responsibilities
- Review complex tax returns and have them ready for final sign off
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency of tax technical knowledge relevant to U.S. individual, trust and partnership returns; demonstrate an understanding of more complex technical issues
- Manage the engagement team and large portions of the business
- Set performance measurements and ensure that performance goals, including engagement economics, turnaround time and quality targets are met
- Identify and champion new services that the sub-service line can perform at the GDS
- Cross-sell extended services to clients
- Represent the sub-service line practice to external audiences
- Develop, mentor and supervise Analysts, Advanced Analysts, Seniors, and Assistant Managers
- Demonstrate leadership and executive presence
- Communicate progress and project status to all stakeholders
- Knowledge of the firm policies related to independence, confidentiality and privacy, client acceptance and engagement letters, tax return preparer guidelines and knowledge-sharing
- Adhere to practice protocol and other internal processes consistently
- People responsibilities
- Create and lead the highest performing teams
- Lead by example and be a role model
- Coach and mentor team members
- Develop a flexible and adaptive management style to meet the diverse needs of our people and clients
Skills and attributes for success
- Certified EA or CPA
- Demonstrate a very high level of proficiency in tax technical knowledge relevant to U.S. individual, trust and partnership returns; demonstrate an understanding of more complex technical issues
Additional skills requirements
- Effective communicate skills by being articulate, thoughtful and adapting communications to target audiences; interacting
- effectively in person, by phone and in writing
- Good analytical, numeric and people management skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Tax technical knowledge relevant to U.S. individual, trust and partnership returns; demonstrate an understanding of more complex technical issues
- Have formal education in commerce/ finance
- Certified EA
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective communicate skills by being articulate, thoughtful and adapting communications to target audiences; interacting effectively in person, by phone and in writing
- Good analytical, numeric and people management skills
What we look for
- Bachelors or Masters degree in finance/commerce
- 9plus years of working with major global corporation (Big 4, Finance shared services etc.)
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more