(Senior) Quantitative Consultant
Process, project and program management
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy financial engineering and risk modelling? Are you passionate about developing, implementing and validating quantitative models? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to drive emerging solutions in UBS, building a network in a variety of quantitative teams? Do you want to work in a team that is fostering life-long learning, know-how exchange and a great team spirit?
We're looking for someone to:
- drive quantitative projects for all business functions, based on either traditional methodology or the latest technological trends
- build trust and strong working relationships with stakeholders throughout the bank
- play an active role in increasing the capabilities and performance of the team, to meet business needs for today and the future
Group Internal Consulting (GIC) is UBS's internal consultant unit. We are a dynamic, driven and diverse team with over 750 people present in 5 regions across the globe. As part of the firm’s Group Transformation Office (GTO), we work in close partnership with all divisions and functions to drive transformation and change across UBS, supporting the firm in achieving its strategic goals. Our focus is on delivering high quality services, with fast onboarding, leveraging institutional knowledge. We offer our consultants a diverse portfolio of projects, providing them with the chance to work across the firm. Our consultants are empowered to drive their career development, supported by a tailored training curriculum, a commitment to the new ways of working, a sustainable work life balance and exciting internal mobility options.
- master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Data Science).
- 2 / 5 years of experience in risk modelling, financial engineering or a related discipline within the financial services industry (for Consultant/Senior Consultant respectively)
- any domain knowledge in banking would be an advantage, experience in external consulting would be a plus
- experience with statistical data analysis, such as regression models, time series analyses, Monte Carlo Simulations, classification models, … an ability to transform real-world data into meaningful results
- proven interest in emerging technologies, e.g. (Convolutional) Neural Networks, Random Forest, Decision Trees as well as other new technologies like cloud computing; any practical experience with these technologies is a plus
- hands-on experience in programming: Python, R, SQL; object-oriented languages are a plus
- highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude; curious mind and eager to keep learning; enthusiasm for complex problem-solving as well as patience for more pragmatic issues
- in addition to a strong analytical background, attention to detail along with structured (self-)organization and planning skills
- a strong written and verbal communicator (English is a must, other languages a plus), both within the team and to senior stakeholders, able to network across a global organization
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.