Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about building highly available, robust and scalable distributed systems? Do you enjoy working with developers and customers to deliver modern web applications? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
You will be required to:
• be responsible for designing and building critical components to successfully deliver solutions
• work with a global team of analysts, engineers and business stakeholders
• take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
• embrace the complex business requirements and enjoy the challenge of implementing them
• work as part of an agile development team within a global technology team located in the UK, Poland, and India
You will be part of the Finance Technology team within Finance, Risk and Data IT organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Corporate Centre where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC and the US.
• Proven hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
• Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with Agile Methodologies
• Familiar with Java 8 or higher, Spring Framework, Gradle/Maven
• Experience with any Reactive Streams implementation (like RxJava/Project Reactor)
• Familiar with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, and other cloud-native infrastructure technologies
• Experience with Message-Driven applications (Azure EventHub and/or Apache Kafka)
• Familiar with continuous integration and deployment (like Teamcity/Jenkins/Puppet)
• Experience implementing test automation
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.