Business Intelligence & Data Engineer (AI/ML/Blockchain)
Digital, Process, project and program management
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy consulting and leading digital transformation projects? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to drive UBS's accelerating digital transformation? Are you passionate about new technologies like: Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Automation, Advanced Analytics, Blockchain.
We're looking for someone like this to:
• lead, consult and implement digital transformation initiatives across all business functions considering the latest technological trends especially within the AI & Advanced Analytics space
• work within a global team and partner with senior management to build awareness, asses opportunities for new technologies and maximize value/impact of the function
• build trust and strong working relationships with Business and Technology stakeholders
• push forward the capabilities and performance of the team to strengthen and expand the service offering of the unit which align with the business needs for today and the future.
Group Internal Consulting (GIC) is UBS's internal consultant unit. We are a dynamic, driven and diverse team with over 750 people present in 5 regions across the globe. As part of the firm’s Group Transformation Office (GTO), we work in close partnership with all divisions and functions to drive transformation and change across UBS, supporting the firm in achieving its strategic goals. Our focus is on delivering high quality services, with fast onboarding, leveraging institutional knowledge. We offer our consultants a diverse portfolio of projects, providing them with the chance to work across the firm. Our consultants are empowered to drive their career development, supported by a tailored training curriculum, a commitment to the new ways of working, a sustainable work life balance and exciting internal mobility options.
You will be working in the Emerging Solutions Platform Services chapter based in Wroclaw or Krakow, Poland. We are a diverse team of transformation professionals with focus on emerging technology transformation.
• experience in end-to-end delivery of business intelligence/data analytics projects, preferably with a prominent or boutique consulting firm or other similar firms
• ability to flex and immerse in a changing environment, comfortable with ambiguity, resilient and curious
• line management experience
• development experience with Power BI and/or Tableau
• understanding of data visualization best practices for building reports, dashboards, KPIs, etc.
• analytical thinking to translate requirements and data into informative visuals
• experience in data engineering and data modeling
• knowledge and experience in at least 3 of the following tools/technologies: Alteryx, Dataiku, Spark, Python, Scala, Java, Databricks, DAX, SQL
• exposure to a range of on-premises and Azure data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory, Synapse, Cosmos DB, Data Lake etc.)
• experience working in an agile and iterative development environment
• ability to work collaboratively with key users and stakeholders to run workshops, establish user stories and understand business processes, gather and challenge requirements, and encourage continuous feedback
• highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude; eager to learn and solve complex problems, preferably with experience in the banking or financial services industry
• in addition to a strong analytical background, attention to detail along with structured organization and planning skills
• experience in one or more of the following topics is a plus: Machine Learning, Big Data, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• any applicable certifications will be considered as a plus
• fluent in English both written and spoken, other languages as a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.