HR Compensation Operations Specialist is a key member of the HR Operations Team, partnering closely with the Global Compensation Team and HRIT to perform critical work supporting Aon’s broad-based compensation programs, including support of the annual compensation cycle, Workday compensation-specific requirements and testing, as well as compensation reporting and analytics.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
You will be planning and providing administration support of Annual Compensation Planning in Workday including: testing and system preparation in advance of the process, responding to inquiries from the global compensation team and line HR; auditing and reporting during and after the cycle. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Help drive and oversee new compensation-related implementation projects to support continuous improvement efforts including expansion of Workday compensation planning to additional countries
- Represent the Global Compensation team in partnering with internal and external service providers to maintain configuration and requirements in Workday. Ensure change requests are evaluated with view to downstream implications. Support steady state Workday technology and internal change requests by driving requirements development, coordinating testing needs and migration approvals.
- Respond to internal system escalations related to Compensation from the compensation team, line HR, Payroll, TA Operations.
- Support bi-annual Workday technology upgrades; monitor Workday HCM and Compensation roadmap and WD Community, to drive process improvement and innovation
- Execute on data and analytics initiatives including researching and implementing new analytical technologies or processes to support more sophisticated and automated compensation analysis. Also coordinate reporting enhancements and compensation mass data updates
- Help maintain Aon’s global job profile catalog including requests for new profiles or modifications to existing ones; advise on job profile best practices; support the Global Comp Team on large scale job reclassification projects
- Provide subject matter expertise on development of Workday Annual Compensation Planning training
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (Compensation, HRIS, or HR Operations)
- Strong understanding of Workday HCM; Workday Advanced Compensation a plus but not required
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Microsoft Access knowledge a plus but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail with high regard for accuracy and confidentiality
- Willingness to flex and provide cross domain support to core HCM, Learning and Talent Acquisition scope via project opportunities and to lend expertise and insights to cross domain priorities
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.