Model Validation Quality Manager
Job Reference #
Full Time, Part Time
Are you a great editor or writer with experience in executing risk oversight & governance or even in having audited such functions? Are you passionate about supporting impactful model validation reports to ensure high quality outputs including reasoned commentary? We’re looking for a Model Validation Quality Manager to: help adopting a holistic quality management framework and combine technical as well as analytical skills with editorial acumen to provide effective, audit-style reviews on our model validation reports and documented reviews.
• work closely with our internal stakeholders to ensure integrated and factually correct model validation documentation that resonates with our target audiences, including Senior Managers, model owners, auditors, and regulators
• ensure messaging and visuals are clear, relevant and can be understood by independent knowledgeable 3rd parties
• be responsible for editorial planning and execution
• work closely within the Model Validation Quality Management team to derive insights from reviewing and quality improving activities to also support the continuous development of our best practices
• act as an advocate of UBS’ language guidelines supporting consistency and implementation by ensuring all written content reflects UBS style guidelines and UBS tone of voice
As Model Validation Quality Manager, you partner with colleagues from Model Risk Management & Control (MRMC) and Model Oversight & Governance, both within Group Risk Control (GRC), to create high-quality, auditable content.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• bachelor’s / master’s degree, preferably in an applied quantitative discipline or similar
• at least 2-3 years of experience in a finance- or insurance related, globally operating firm, ideally in an audit or control-type function
• analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills coupled with knowledge of modelling or model validation
• audit and negotiation skills
• great communication skills (verbal, in writing)
• fluent in English
• affinity to (re-)write by clarifying, simplifying complex content such that an independent, knowledgeable 3rd party can understand it
• auditor-type mentality coupled with negotiation skills – review, challenge and propose amendments
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.