Who we are looking for
Conversion Analyst takes part in transferring accounting data from external administrator’s system into State Street (STT) accounting platform (MCH). Core duties of the jobholder are to analyse external administrator data and to perform a comprehensive comparison of valuations prepared by external administrator and by State Street Fund Accounting teams.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The person plays a crucial role in terms of technical matters, as well as in providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments.
What you will be responsible for
- Reconciliation of State Street Fund Accounting records to external administrator accounting system data in terms of e.g. equities, bonds, derivatives, FX, income, expense, capital stock.
- Identification and analysis of discrepancies between STT and other administrator´s accounting data under oversight of more experienced colleagues.
- Transferring other administrators data into STT accounting system (MCH).
- Performing STT internal fund mergers and asset transfers.
- Escalation to project leads when significant issues arise.
- Co-operation with Fund Accounting Teams, Derivatives, Securities Valuation and Project Management, other administrators and Conversion team members.
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid team player
- Attention to details and quality mindset
- Min B2 English literacy
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel and Outlook
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)/ Structured Query Language (SQL) knowledge will be treated as a valuable additional asset (it is possible to use such skills in this role participating in automation processes).
Work in Conversion team offers:
- Opportunity to develop own skills both in technical aspects and in project coordination, recognition of potential risks areas
- Gaining experience in project-oriented environment - work directly with the client and project managers
- Exposure on various countries, clients accounting approaches
- Real impact on team workload and conversion process
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers