Business Risk Specialist
Business management, administration and support, Risk
Job Reference #
Kraków, Pune, Wroclaw
Are you detail oriented? Do you know how to manage time constraints and get things done? Do you function well independently as well as part of a larger team? Do you want to learn more about our outsourcing, nearshoring /offshoring initiation, approval and transition process? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• Coordinate UBS internal Outsourcing, Nearshoring & Offshoring (ONO) initiatives
• Work with our Lead Risk Advisors and the functions to ensure all third party initiatives are in line with Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures (due diligence process)
• Work with the internal business partners to plan and approve their ONO activities and requirements
• Over a time become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and the escalation point in the due-diligence and approval process, as well as helping to support the transition process by ensuring that challenges, issues and risks are closely monitored and escalated appropriately to senior management
• Support UBS functions in performing their due-diligence and approval duties
• Manage Risks related to Third Parties engagement
• Coordinate ad hoc requests and support query resolution
• Coordinate work and information flow within the team
• Identify and support process improvement initiatives
Your day to day work will include supporting the Business Functions in the Outsourcing Due-Diligence process (scope, compliance and risk validation/assessment), Transitions & other TPRM related Risk advisory. You will be working closely with key stakeholders including Project Managers and Responsible Officers to ensure that outsourcing and other TPRM initiatives are fully compliant with UBS and Regulatory standards as well as enable the Business Functions to execute initiatives in line with their business plans.
You will be working in the Asset Management Business Risk Management team in either Krakow, Wroclaw or Pune. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to engage with stakeholders and team members locally and all over the world. As Risk Managers/Advisors, we are primarily responsible for advising our UBS internal clients on mitigating the risks when engaging third parties or executing their outsourcing strategy.
- 2-4 years' experience in a corporate environment
- Financial services, Legal and Compliance, Project Coordination, Client onboarding, Supply Chain and risk management/advisory experience a plus
- Technical Skillset: Good knowledge of MS Office especially Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent Communication Skills. Should be able to interact well with business stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and manage relationships while being assertive to ensure completion of tasks
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis
- Ability to deal with ad-hoc job requests from multiple stakeholders
- Good conceptual and project management skills
- Prior experience working with a global team is a plus
- A university degree
- Fluent in English
- A strong team player
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible and have a "can do" attitude
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.