Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to manage a supplier portfolio and procurement projects in order to deliver a meaningful impact through deployment of commodity strategy programs and related negotiations tactics. The aim of this role is to ensure performance (productivity, quality, sustainability and delivery), growth and innovation while effectively managing risk and spend.
You will be responsible for
- Creating Supplier Strategy in full alignment with Commodity Management strategies to define Supplier related spend, targets, negotiations, RFX projects and spend pooling;
- Managing procurement projects;
- Implementing defined negotiation roadmap, target setting and business reviews;
- Driving impact to the bottom and top line through Supplier Performance Development and innovative negotiation approach;
- Conducting assessments to identify and manage critical supplier parameters on a continuous basis covering risk, regulatory compliance, financial exposure and related liabilities and creating corresponding mitigation and contingency plans with business continuity in mind;
- Ensuring full compliance regarding sustainability and regulatory requirements;
- Managing Supplier performance score card using the Global Supplier Rating System and cross-functional stakeholder calibration;
- Ensuring all contracts and RFX events are properly managed in contract and RFX management systems (e.g. source2contract), following defined processes, policies and guidelines;
- Managing and demanding continuously improved quality from supplier and driving clear actions to achieve this;
- Identifying future business opportunities and NPI projects together with Procurement Engineering and based on provided Supplier innovation/ideas;
- Securing close alignment between supplier, Procurement Engineering and business;
- Encouraging Suppliers to share innovative ideas and/or solutions (e.g. by using SPICE) and provide insights into future technology roadmaps;
- Encouraging Suppliers to use LEAN approaches to co-create and deliver Total Cost of Ownership savings opportunities (e.g. concept savings);
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree;
- At least five years of experience in procurement (sourcing, contracting, purchasing, negotiating);
- Project Management skills and experience, preferably acquired in procurement;
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- Healthcare market knowledge and/or experience;
- Experienced in Lean methodology;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Ability to persuade and influence business decisions;
- Ability to work organized and independently, with a high sense of business ethics and responsibility;
- Be result-oriented, proactive and a fast-learner;
- Fluent in English (at least B2, preferred C1+);
- Additional language skills, preferably Spanish, are a plus;
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved;
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members;
- Benefit System cards;
- Discount for Philips’ products;
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region;
- Wide variety of training & learning opportunities, including language upskill;
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events);
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.