About the job
Overall area of responsibility is to ensure that the entity achieves best practice in terms of complying with current Polish accounting, tax and legal re-porting obligations. In this role you will hold day-to-day operating responsibilities for compliant reporting at entity level, sound and robust financial procedures and handle of external and internal audits. In addition – you would act as overall coordinator and first-line advisor on entity finance related matters
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee maintenance of the company’s general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets and payrolls
- Assure that accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with Company’s accounting policies, chart of accounts and related accounting principles and practices
- Assure that accounting records are prepared and maintained in compliance with current Polish accounting, tax and legal reporting obligations
- timely, accurate and compliant monthly and statutory reporting
- timely reporting to the authorities including tax office for VAT returns, calculating monthly advances for company income tax and yearly tax refund
- implementation, monitoring and test of controls over financial reporting performed for entity
- Cooperate with auditors during year-end audits and ensures that audit documentation is delivered to the auditors
- Ensure external audits are efficiently planned and scheduled and that audit approach is relevant and reasonable
- Address comments in auditor’s management letters, long-form report etc.
- Calculates allowances and provides other financial support to the employees
- Ensures compliance with transfer pricing rules
Who are you?
You work with accuracy and use your analytical skills on daily basis. High organizational understanding helps you to challenge the “status quo” to identify improvement needs. Being able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity makes you a string partner to business stakeholders. You have strong communication skills and do not hesitate to use them when cooperating and working on changes needed.
Furthermore, you meet below criteria:
- Finance, economics education or similar on higher level
- At least 5 years of practical experience in Finance/Accounting
- Accounting expertise in Polish GAAP and knowledge of Polish legislation and taxation
- Solid SAP knowledge
- MS Office sills, including advanced Excel
- Very good command of English
If you are demonstrating practical knowledge of accounting processes and willingness to develop in pro-active manner, you are the one we are looking for - ambitious people with the ability to create a vision and operate with an international perspective.