Who we are looking for
The Conduct Risk Management Office at State Street is seeking an Officer to assist in supporting complex global operations and initiatives. The Conduct Risk Management Office is primarily responsible for the oversight and administration of State Street’s Personal Investment, Conflicts of Interest and Outside Activities policies. This role has responsibility for the production and development of global operational and risk reporting for both internal and external recipients, with some additional involvement in operational procedures and privacy program. This position is perfect for an individual who has strong analytical and data handling skills, who is looking to develop their career within the Compliance function within a global business. The ideal candidate is an organized, self-starter with a keen eye for detail and task ownership and the drive to create efficiencies and tell a story with data.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office (either Gdansk or Krakow) to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Conduct Risk Management, Reporting Lead Officer, you will
- Leading quarterly and ad hoc reporting production, both internally for the Conduct Risk Management Office and externally for the wider business
- Development and enhancement of existing MI reporting
- Assisting Star Compliance Operations team with data maintenance and administration
- Assisting with strategic initiatives to improve effectiveness of a vendor supported application- StarCompliance- used to automate and execute various processes and procedures
- Assist with rules testing in StarCompliance to ensure efficient and accurate policy monitoring
- Participating in various initiatives to support risk identification, risk assessment, risk monitoring and operational/risk reporting within the Conduct Risk Management Office
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of the organization across multiple regions
- Display individual ownership of tasks with a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role, despite shifting priorities in a pressurized environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, are essential, experience of producing MI previously is preferable
- Comfortable presenting data
- Tableau or Power BI (or similar data analytics applications) experience is desirable
- Experience working with third party applications is a plus
- Experience being part of multi-functional and international project management teams
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- Gold medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.