Who we are looking for
State Street Risk Analytics combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
Risk Analytics’ truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As Market Risk Analyst you will:
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Performing daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics, including Value-at-Risk, sensitivity measures and stress testing results
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services for existing clients as needed
- Working co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Providing adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Address ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Finance/Economics or equivalent
- Typically 2+ years of experience in financial servicing preferred
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of SQL, familiarity with Bloomberg terminal an advantage
- Attention to detail
What we Offer:
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs