Who we are looking for
The Procurement Sourcing Team responds to requests from business users’ company-wide in order to acquire products and services. The team is responsible for leading deal negotiation and contract review, analysis and negotiation which also includes working collaboratively cross-functionally within State Street and with vendors on a regular basis. The end result of a Sourcing engagement is a contract that accurately reflects the negotiated deal and business requirements along with other language protecting State Street’s interests.
The role of Assistant Vice President (AVP) in the Professional Services Sourcing team is an important role within State Street’s Global Procurement team and responsible for the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and finalization of the end-to-end Procurement process for Professional Services related contracts. This role will coordinate with stakeholders (legal, data security, business unit, vendor, etc.) to lead negotiations and achieve favorable and compliant contract terms and pricing in an expedited timeframe to mitigate risk.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Proven experience in the review, negotiation and drafting of professional services, consulting contracts
- A high level of understanding of the language and structure of professional services, consulting contracts
- Demonstrated sourcing and negotiation experience with major professional services and consulting suppliers
- A strong understanding of pricing models, metrics, etc. with the ability to suggest sourcing and contracting alternatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and follow-through on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders diplomatically.
- Exceptional communication skills and relationship management capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to build long term relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with customer focus
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language and Microsoft Office tools
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5 - 8 years of experience in a related Professional Services / Consulting procurement position, with global exposure, is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.