Who we are looking for
An experienced accounting professional with proven expertise in General Ledger and controlling area able to closely collaborate with multiple stakeholder and business partners such as Controllers, Regulators or Financial Analysts.
Your new team
Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team provides a wide range of complex accounting services. The team gives senior stakeholders financial tools and information they need to make an effective analyze and transparent reporting.
Why this role is important to us
From Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger processes, controlling, analysis to reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world help our business partners create more effective strategic solutions and act on revenue growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for..
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Accounting Manager you will
- Managing and overseeing the integrity and legal entity management of financial records for a number of EMEA wide companies for Global Advisors with expanded responsibilities in various business lines in Ireland, UK, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy & France
- Liaison between GAO and Business Unit / Material Legal Entity Controllers, Reg. Reporting, FP&A
- Partner with BU Controller to ensure appropriate controls are in place
- Prioritize initiatives with BU Controller, and across GAO, to ensure focus area alignment
- Actively involved in accounting projects to support departmental and business needs
- Coordinate, communicate, manage and explain transactional outputs produced by production teams
- Act as an escalation point within GAO for issues affecting BU/MLE
- Provide GAO subject matter expertise in business and entity specific matters
- Review monthly ‘Controllers Package’ before delivery to BU/LE Controller
- Translate business requirements into standardized processes, work with GPOs on impact and ensure changes are communicated
- Support process improvement efforts, together with GPOs, and ensure local execution
- Collate information for auditors
- Monitor SLA execution, KPI, KRI and error logs on behalf of BU/Entity
- Oversee & monitor processes ensuring they are compliant with local requirements
- Work with Risk & Outsourcing Governance offices to monitor and control the risk of outsourced functions
- Share best practices to implement a strong and robust control environment
- People management with direct reports of 2 and working closely with colleagues across the globe in different time zones
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience in Finance Reporting/ General Ledger / Financial Accounting and/or other related fields
- Very good knowledge of accounting principles and practices (general ledger, financial accounting reporting, controlling)
- Working knowledge in areas of UK GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, German GAAP
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Outlook is necessary
- Advanced language skills: written and verbal in English. German, Polish or Italian would be an asset.
- Excellent communications, organization, interpersonal and analytical skills
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.