Quantitative Analyst, Scrum Master, Statistical Aggregation Models
Job Reference #
Are you adept at risk matters? Are you interested in working in a team of quants? Do you know how to work well within a team to develop and deliver solutions? If so, UBS is looking for a motivated self-starter to:
• Gain thorough understanding of systems and processes involved in building, delivering, and managing statistical models and be able to deliver changes.
• Understand the steps involved and drive timely implementation.
• Communicate to build relationships and liaise with key stakeholders across different teams to ensure smooth delivery of implementation.
• Perform data analysis, data modelling and some data analytics as required. Knowledge of Python/R shall help in performing these tasks.
• Proactively understand changes at the organizational level in terms of IT architecture and business processes, and communicate how this will impact the environment in which models operate.
You’ll be working in the Statistical Risk Aggregation Methodology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ statistical risk aggregation framework to assess the impact of simulated stress scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures risk types across all businesses world-wide, a.o. Credit Risk, Market Risk and Business Risk. These risks are reflected in statistical models that perform forecasts given a suite of scenarios
– at least 2 years of experience in the domain of Risk (Firmwide or Credit or Market)
– a degree in STEM disciplines, computer programming, banking and finance, or relevant work experience
– knowledge of risk methodology, quantitative analysis, treasury, or finance related topics
– previous exposure or familiarity to project development/project management approaches
– exposure to working under the Agile methodology
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– strong analytical, problem-solving, and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– Knowledge or R/Python programming
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.