Business Risk Specialist – Financial Crime Prevention & Supervision
Business management, administration and support, Risk
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
You will take responsibility for tasks within a team across a range of risk topics including AML/KYC, Fraud, Supervision and other risk topics. You will need to work with a wide range of colleagues in Switzerland and globally to prepare solutions and presentations. You should have a talent for problem solving and presenting complex information in a simple way. You should be comfortable working with data e.g. collecting, analyzing and presenting data for senior managers. Tasks will be varied including recurring and one-off tasks. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of topics within our team.
• contact global locations to obtain information about an aspect of KYC, Fraud or Supervision which needs to be summarized into a report for senior management or Regulators
• using search tools to identify significant shareholders of certain international companies
• PMO work within a project. Prepare presentations for Cttee meetings
• develop subject matter expertise on a KYC, Fraud and/or Supervision topics and answer questions from colleagues in international locations
• contact global locations to obtain data or information about the status of risk projects and summarize in a report
• support preparation of training modules and surveys
• collect and assess various risk indicators e.g. relating to Financial Crime or client complaints
You will be joining the Competence Center for Financial Crime Prevention & Supervision which is responsible for a range of interesting risk topics within Global Wealth Management. You will be an integral part of an international team based team based in Zurich, London and Wroclaw. It is an exciting opportunity to get acquainted with highly interesting topics as well as to get broad exposure across the organization in Poland, Switzerland and globally.
Our topics include AML/KYC; Sanctions; Anti-Bribery & Corruption; Fraud; Supervision; Risk culture; Risk training; Client complaints; Client contact notes; Client Vulnerability; and Finders
• understanding of banking with experience within the Wealth Management environment, ideally in risk management or compliance
• prior experience of relevant topics would be helpful
• experience in risk and/or regulatory topics or strong desire to develop such experience
• strong analytical and conceptual skills and ability to understand complex procedures
• good organizational skills
• ability to collect, interpret and present data
• fluent in English – speaking and writing
• self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
• proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.