Middle Office Manager, Officer
State Street Bank
Category: Finance & Accounting
Position level: Specialist
State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Middle Office Manager, Officer
JOB ID: 155003
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Responsible for the day to day running of a team that performs the middle office function to clients. This involves the trade capture of the client’s trades, confirmation, settlement monitoring, query resolution and pricing. Products may include Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX and Swaps (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc).
- Coordinate with their Supervisor the day to day tasks and ensure the daily is completed and accurate.
- Liaise with client re ad hoc issues, establish and maintain relationships with client and other external parties: Counterparties, Prime Brokers, etc.
- Co-ordinate system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team. Responsible for the co-ordination of system testing and sign off.
- Supporting the Operations Director in their role. Ensure their Director is kept up to date with relevant issues, escalating problems to the manager as they arise.
- Involved in new client take-ons, initialization of funds, new team building, etc.
- People management – Interviewing, perform staff appraisals; address any staff performance issues, etc.
- Work with Director on capacity issues.
- Manage training needs of team, ensure training gaps are identified and addressed.
Reporting to Ireland Office
Ensure daily checklist is complete and verify end of day process is completed.
Highlight, escalate and report all issues to the client representative in Ireland pertaining to client service.
Ensure daily correspondence with the Ireland Office to keep the Operations Manager up to date with relevant issues.
During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
Level Of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
Previous Level Of Experience:
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products:
o Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 155003/ Location: Gdańsk/Kraków