Model Validation Manager, Officer
State Street Bank
Category: Finance & Accounting
Position level: Specialist
State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Model Validation Manager, Officer
JOB ID: 159765
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Perform & review fund governing document reviews as part of onboarding new business.
- Reviewing the first dealing NAV of all new IFS business.
Fund Review ~ New and Existing Funds
- Manage internal review process of new and existing funds completed by QA team.
- Assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of IFS accounting policies and procedures adopted by NAV and TA teams.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of the IFS Pricing Controls and Procedures across IFS NAV teams.
Technical Research & Support
- Management of a Knowledge Centre / Help Desk for complex technical and accounting queries.
- Research and discussion with industry stakeholders relating to new fund accounting developments.
- Help to continually assess and develop key fund accounting processes.
Policies & Procedures
- Establish control framework around global IFS teams and processes.
- Quarterly update and global rollout of IFS Policies, Procedures and Checklists.
- On-going research and discussion with IFS global NAV and Investor Services teams regarding suggested amendments/improvements to IFS Policies, Procedures and Checklists.
Audit Assistance – Internal & External
- Co-ordination of timing and testing of audit reviews between external parties and internal parties across all IFS locations.
- Ongoing work with NAV and IS teams to identify project needs arising from new accounting and Industry developments or process gaps.
- Implementation and delivery of fund accounting projects for QA and senior management.
- Working with the other QA Managers on projects to drive QA forward
- Development and delivery of training programmes a
The Model Validation Officer is responsible for conducting the model validation activities. This covers the models used at the bank to make business and operating decisions — most notably regulatory and economic capital models, as well as insuring the implementation of Model Risk Governance Program guidelines and requirements. These models are in areas including wholesale credit risk (e.g., probability of default, loss given default, exposure measurement, and loan loss reserving); market risk (e.g., daily value at risk pricing models, counterparty credit risk, Asset Liability Management risk, and terms structure models); and operational risk.
- Assessing model theory and model assumptions as well as considering model methods and potential options.
- Testing and confirming model results by using documented procedures for running the model(s).
- Reviewing code documentation for proper model implementation, including the possible simulation of results.
- Working with data validation members and information technology professionals to determine model data integrity.
- Performing model validation processes and performing independent model validation of significant models.
- Assessing the stability and robustness of models by conducting back testing, sensitivity testing, and stress testing.
- Making recommendations and suggesting improvements related to the applicability of the different models assessed in meeting their objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory (SR11-7) and State Street quality requirements for model risk.
- Deliver the validation findings via management presentations and regular reports.
- Communicate with onsite validators, model developers and business to relay the issues and feedback and capture the action plans.
- Ensure quality checks and controls including standardization of assessments and dissemination of feedback across team members.
Desired Qualifications:Hands on experience in model development and/or model validation. Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
Basic Qualifications:Experience in independent model validation of risk/financial models in banking industry. Master degree with extensive business knowledge and strong technical skills (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering). PhD is optional. 1+ years of programming experience with SAS, R, Matlab, C++ Minimum 3-5 years of experience in risk management in banking/finance industry. Good communication skills (verbal and written in English). Ability to execute on competing priorities in a timely manner.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 159765/ Location: Krakow