Quality Assurance, Senior Associate
State Street Bank
Category: Finance & Accounting
Position level: Specialist
State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Quality Assurance, Senior Associate
JOB ID: 156607
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
The Quality Assurance (QA) department supports the IFS Fund Accounting (NAV) and Investor Services (IS)/Transfer Agency teams by (a) Driving best practice (b) Providing technical accounting support (c) Continually assessing and developing key processes across IFS NAV and IS teams through fund reviews and project work.
- Provide QA management with comments on fund governing documents as part of onboarding new business.
- Perform &/or Review the first dealing NAV of all new IFS business.
Fund Reviews ~ New and Existing Funds
- Preparation &/or review of Quality Assurance fund review files in accordance with internal controls and procedures.
- Assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of IFS accounting policies and procedures adopted by NAV and Investor Services teams.
- Review and logging of Pricing Breaches in relation to IFS funds.
Policy and Procedural Updates
- Provide assistance in the quarterly review process of the IFS procedures manual and related checklists/workflows.
Technical Research & Support
- Provide QA Management with comments on technical and accounting queries in relation to IFS funds.
- Collate research material and report to QA management on key industry developments.
- Help to continually assess and develop key fund accounting processes for IFS.
Audit Assistance – Internal & External
- Co-ordination of timing and testing of audit reviews between external parties and internal parties across all IFS locations.
- Assist QA management on various ad hoc projects.
- Development and delivery of training programmes across IFS NAV and Investor Services teams.
- On the job training and mentoring of staff.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Minimum 2 years within financial services
- Highly numerate
- IT literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform effectively within strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to take initiative and offer solutions.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 156607/ Location: Krakow