UK Fund Accountant Team Leader, Senior Associate
State Street Bank
Category: Finance & Accounting
Level of English: C1-C2
Position level: Specialist
State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
UK Fund Accountant Team Leader, Senior Associate
JOB ID: 154119
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- To supervise teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Fund Accountants
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Agree goals for team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Management of Service Delivery
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and Officer informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Fund review and other duties as assigned
- Maintain close contact with Officer (Fund Accounting Manager), briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in Donor Sites.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided for Direct Reports as and when required.
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with donor site and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that your Fund Accounting Manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in a Fund Accounting environment is necessary.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
Level Of Education:
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Higher obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
Previous Level Of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting (preferably Hedge fund experience).
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 154119 / Location: Gdańsk