UK Senior Fund Accountant, Associate 2
State Street Bank
Category: Finance & Accounting
Level of English: C1-C2
Position level: Specialist
State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
UK Senior Fund Accountant, Associate 2
JOB ID: 153285
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Under the supervision of the Team Supervisor, the Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for monitoring all accounting related functions on Funds which are the responsibility of the Senior Fund Accountant’s assigned Team. The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for ensuring Funds are reported accurately and on time to the necessary parties. The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for verifying and reviewing the work performed by the Fund Accountants and for assisting the Team Supervisor in all aspects of his or her responsibilities. As an experienced fund administrator, the Senior Fund Accountant provides a key role in training, and developing the newer members of the team, and is expected to be available to provide an immediate point of reference for queries, and to provide on the job training to less experienced staff.
The Senior Fund Accountant is an integral member of the Team responsible for delivering quality service to assigned clients of the team. He/She must contribute to the team on technical matters, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments. The Senior Fund Accountant is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Fund Accountants. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Senior Fund Accountant needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so too.
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Takes leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
REVIEW OF FUND NET ASSET VALUE
- Reviews and verifies completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Monitors, proves, and reviews for reasonability the Fund valuation components.
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION – ACCOUNTING RELATED
- Reviews account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies. Intervenes directly to resolve differences where required.
- Review, sign and date fund accounting checklist when required.
- Assists where required in preparing monthly reports, and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information requirements.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work, Trains less experienced staff in fund and bank procedures and processes, and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identify training needs within the team and ensure that those needs are met.
- Take responsibility for own personal development and training.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Excellent English.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Level Of Education:
- Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
- 2+ years experience in fund administration is required.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
To apply for the position please visit our website www.statestreet.com/plcareers
Job ID: 153285/ Location: Gdańsk