What is ePUAP and Trusted Profile (Profil Zaufany)?
The Electronic Platform of Public Administration Services (ePUAP) allows you to contact different public service offices in Poland without leaving your home. You can simply fill in the necessary forms on the internet and submit them using your Trusted Profile (Profil Zaufany), which verifies your identity online and acts as an electronic signature. A Trusted Profile can be created for free by anyone who has a PESEL number (including foreign residents of Poland) and gives you access to a number of e-services provided via the ePUAP platform, such as:
- Vehicle registration
- Polish ID card application form
- Electoral registration
- Business registration
- Birth registration
- Online Patient Services
- European Health Insurance Card application form
- “Family 500+” programme application form
What is a PESEL number? Find out!
How do you create a Trusted Profile?
There are two ways to create a Trusted Profile:
- You can do it using your Polish bank account (ING, Inteligo, Millennium, Bank Pekao, PKO BP, Santander, mBank) - simply log in to your online account and follow your bank’s instructions. A one-time verification code will be sent to your phone to confirm your identity. Remember that you need to provide the bank with your PESEL number in order to create a Trusted Profile. On rare occasions, you may also be asked to visit your bank in person to confirm your registration.
- You can also fill in a form available at pz.gov.pl/pz/register (in Polish and Ukrainian only - a translation app or plugin could come in handy) and provide a one-time verification code that will be sent to your phone. After submitting all the necessary data, you will have 14 days to confirm your registration at a local “confirmation point” (the addresses can be looked up here).
How long is it valid for?
A Trusted Profile is valid for 3 years and can be extended before the end of that period.