At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
BBH is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Fund Administration Systems team as Technical Manager. The BBH Fund Administration Systems team objectives are to provide innovative solutions to our Fund Administration business unit which has responsibility for Financial Reporting, Regulatory Filing, Post Trade Compliance, Expense Administration, Fund Performance & Attribution, and Corporate Secretary business services. As a Fund Administration Services Tech Manager, you will join and lead a full-systems service team inclusive of Java Developers, SQL Developers, Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts. You must be highly skilled, team oriented, and eager to learn to contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Act as a hands-on Technical Lead to drive the architecture, design decisions for a products development; Consistent practice in coding and unit testing;
- Conduct code reviews for the team and have well establish standards and practices for the team;
- Work with distributed teams (infrastructure, network, etc.) and act as subject matter expert;
- Provide technical leadership on best practices for chosen architecture and technology;
- Identify issues and risks and proactively add to the iterative discussion;
- Communicate efficiently within and outside the team;
- Strong organizational, time management.
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years in leading a team of engineers to develop and deliver new services.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a software engineer in a full-stack capacity;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and drive application architecture and design decisions;
- Java - must be proficient in the language, core libraries & design patterns (Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security, Spring Data, Spring Integration);
- Experience working with technical management, product owners, and operations ;
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones;
- Hands-on with strong organizational skills and great attention to detail;
- Experience with WebServices (REST);
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, OpenJPA);
- Experience with test frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito;
- Good Experience with version control practices using Git;
- Familiar with micro-service architecture;
- Familiar with iterative and agile methodology;
- Improve the code quality with effective testing and review process.
- Design and develop scalable technical implementations.
- Experience with one or more modern front-end frameworks/libraries such as Angular, React is a plus;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other.