We are looking for a talented and self-motivated Full Stack Java Developer to be a member of a Fund Accounting Development team.
The position is primarily responsible for involvement in the new project started in February 2021 using the latest Java and Web technologies and following Scrum methodology.
The team is developing a rich UI Web Application to present various views with aggregated details on daily fund accounting processes.
The backend system is a set of microservices consuming events streamed with Kafka. Events represent accounting data that come from BBH fund accounting core system.
This position requires a skilled individual who will mainly contribute to the Web UI with its MVC layer in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the new Fund Accounting system best solutions possible using Angular, Spring frameworks, on top of Java 8 and RESTfull backend;
- Manage the existing suite of applications across a variety of technical stacks;
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, business partners, clients, and other systems areas to improve new or existing products, and create new ideas for improving the product suite.
- 2+ years of experience on a similar position;
- Strong experience in core Java 8;
- Experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security);
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns;
- SQL – must be able to write simple to moderate complexity SQL queries;
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate);
- Experience with testing frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Spock;
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice;
- Problem solving skills, able to determine upcoming risks & issues and address them;
- Good English and communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analyzing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues);
- Experience with AG-Grid;
- Experience with message queue brokers (Kafka, WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ);
- Experience with Unix platforms;
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Experience with OpenShift;
- Experience with Tomcat;
- Experience with databases (Oracle);
- Experience with Apache Camel;
- Understanding of basic principles of data modeling;
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.