We are looking for a talented and self-motivating Java Developer to be a member of the Corporate Actions and Tax Systems team (Custody Systems). The individual in this role will be responsible for analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and troubleshooting of the firm’s applications, primarily for Global Tax Services applications, as well as for distributed applications used by a variety of internal business units. Responsibilities will include significant enhancements to existing applications, troubleshooting issues, and development of the new applications.
Core technical skillsets include Java 10, Spring, Angular , SQL, Hibernate – recommended BBH technology stack.
Non-technical skillsets include a high degree of organization, effective communication, the ability to work within the group, together with System Analysts and Testers.
- Design and develop new and modify programs that meet user requirements, conform to departmental standards regarding documentation, and are reliable and easy to maintain.
- Participate in walk-troughs which review program specifications, source code, and all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports. Provide feedback in accordance with team standards and guidelines.
- Get familiar with the technical design and architecture. Identify and design components to be built and/or modified.
- Code and test changes to programs and their associated components, including (but not limited to) screens, services, modules, queries, and stored procedures.
- Participate in implementation of changes, enhancements, and newly developed programs.
- Develop unit and integration tests that thoroughly exercise logic to ensure application functionality and performance regarding business requirements.
Support primarily internal clients with software applications. Resolve production issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct technical research and provide recommendation as required.
- Guide and provide training to junior team members.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 1,5 to 5 years application development experience (as a Java Developer)
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.