JOB AND RESPONSIBILITIES• The Enterprise Analytics and Data team has the ambition to transform Philip Morris into a company where decision-making process is driven by data. As part of this team, we are looking for a Domain Architect who is passionate about technology and appreciates the mix of strategic thinking and turning architecture trends and requirements into practice. We are seeking an AWS certified architect who can work across agile teams and can manage to see the big picture as well as the details. Strong collaboration and communication skills are a must in order to build trust and partnerships with stakeholders, peers and across the wider architecture and platform communities.
The candidate should possess a deep understanding and experience of shaping architecture, combined with a understanding of the current and future digital technology trends, industry standards, architecture frameworks and modelling techniques. A majority of the experience being gained in an Agile, DevOps working set-up using cloud-based solutions (preferably on AWS) to enable and accelerate analytics delivery.
The day-to-day responsibilities are to be carried out against the primary backdrop of a cloud-based Business Intelligence data and analytics platform supported by state-of-the-art technologies (AWS, Wherescape, Snowflake) and methodologies (Data Vault 2.0, SAFe, Scrum) enabling key transformation initiatives; To succeed in this role the candidate must be self-motivated, creative and have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges.
It is imperative that to have hands-on experience of at least two of the following:
- Designing and Architecting Event Based Architectures using Microservices and API gateways.
- Designing and Architecting Graphing solutions to deliver network-based analytics.
- Designing and Architecting Technology landscape that supports Polyglot Persistence of data.
- Enterprise Architecture Tools such as Archimate, Orbus or LeanIX
Deep technical knowledge and understanding of at least 4 of the following topics is essential
- Multisided Platform Architectures and how to balance the need for automation with autonomy.
- Architecture Design Patterns and how to spot and implement them (Façade, Message Broker etc.)
- DataOps, MLOps and DevOps – How they overlap and operate together.
- Microservices Architectures (SOA) that support an Event/Data Mesh using messaging solutions.
- RDF triple stores (Knowledge Graphs) and Property Graphs. (definite plus)
- Augmented Analytics including Self-service capabilities
- Machine Learning Methodologies and technology best practice to support this.
- CDP, DMP, Geospatial, MarTech and other Audience Intelligence Platforms.
The candidate is not expected to develop applications or solutions but to lead and guide development teams, and in collaboration with stakeholders and team members across the globe secure that platforms and products are developed to meet EAD requirements.
The Primary objective is to ensure that EAD is building the right future-proofed technology landscape that drives our solution architecture roadmaps to meet our current and future analytics needs.
The role requires the incumbent to find the right balance between innovation, technical feasibility, long-term sustainability, agile delivery and cost-effective end-to-end implementation.
The chosen candidate is expected to guide other architects, subject matter experts, and external partners based on your methodical thinking and ability to structure complex questions into architecture blueprints.
Ideally a certified TOGAF/Zachman practitioner with a solid cloud technology background, the candidate is expected to perform the following activities to support the Domain Architecture delivery roadmap for EAD.
• Own, Define and lead the technology architecture roadmap & development of analytics platform capabilities for EAD.
• Lead and drive technology architecture outcomes that meets EAD objectives.
• Co-lead development of analytical platform capabilities on behalf of EAD and identify business opportunities within global functions that can be leveraged via EAD technology portfolio to deliver value at scale.
• Guide the execution of enterprise architecture strategies within the EAD (analytics) domain.
• Represent EAD in the PMI architecture community network by providing innovative ideas and input to enterprise architecture strategies & artifacts, based on domain area expertise
• In close collaboration with the wider EAD architecture community and other IT and business stakeholders, co-create concrete, robust and appropriate architectures and transition roadmaps for implementation.
• Review and Approve Solution, Integration, Application architecture proposals for EAD and ensure they are aligned with the EAD domain architecture roadmap.
• Secure proper design, architecture, and technology in place for EAD technology platforms to provide a multi-channel experience to its customers across the marketplace.
• Advocate and evangelize learnings from best practices within software development and industry.
• Proactively evaluate new technology and market trends and provide technology/digital recommendations and new capabilities in order to deliver better business results.
• Ensure quality guidelines and control process are created and implemented for the technology platforms and products
• Actively support colleagues in the journey of digital transformation.
• Communicate and be a torchbearer for EAD internally and externally
JOB REQUIREMENTS• Architectural Competency
o Minimum 10 years of experience from design and software development of large scale technology projects in an international company and environment
o Proven Experience with technology architecture design and delivery (Platform driven).
o Strong track record in applying industry standard policies and procedures.
o Exceptionally Strong cloud technology background with sound understanding of Solution Architecture design principles.
o Experience with design and development of analytic platforms that support both BI and Data Science (ML/AI) capabilities using best of breed tools and technologies
o Proven track record of working with Global ERP systems (SAP is a plus)
o Proven working experience with software design/ architecture patterns and strong understanding of backend integration technologies and patterns
• Functional Competency
o Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to translate technical complexities into business-friendly language.
o Strategic ability to relate the current technology and application landscape to the evolving business needs and identify the gaps
o Experience of working with broader architecture community (EA, SA, DA)
o Understanding of modern data architectures, data extract mechanisms, functional decomposition and business rules engines
o Experience with SCRUM methodology and/or following an agile approach
• Preferred Requirements:
o Knowledge of data modeling tools and methodologies (Kimball, Inmon) is a plus.
o Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills from a business perspective.
o Good interpersonal, leadership, organizational and project management skills
o Evangelist and Advocate for “technology as an enabler” across the organization
o Experience with SAFe methodology is a plus
o Knowledge about BI and Big DATA ecosystems (S3, Scala, Spark, Python, CI/CD framework)
o Maintains awareness of trends, best practices and standards for the industry
o Provides leadership and mentorship to less experienced personnel.
o Working experience with AWS, MuleSoft, Solace, Kafka, Docker Containers, Jenkins, Artifactory, MLFlow, Sagemaker (or similar), EMR (or similar), Snowflake.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS• Master’s in computer sciences, information management, or any similar field requiring architecture and analytics
• Very good communication skills and strong ability to engage at different levels in the organization.
• Work with business and other EAD stakeholders to translate their needs into architecture strategy
• Work with IS/IT stakeholders to gather technical realities and map this to the business need.
• Highly collaborative mindset with curiosity, creativity, and willingness to embrace new ideas, technologies and methodologies
• Fluent in spoken English.