MAKE HISTORY WITH US!
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The Enterprise Analytics and Data (EAD) team is responsible for transforming Philip Morris into a company where decision-making process is driven by data. As part of this team, we are looking for a Senior Data Architect that is deeply knowledgeable about building and delivering data architectures to support delivery of an integrated Data Management Hub which operates based on a service-based design delivering Master Data, Data Quality and Metadata Management services for the organization. This is part of the broader initiative to support the existing Data Architecture Practice with a specialized focus on the Data Management domain.
As part of this role, you will help to architect the appropriate Master Data models supported by the collection and management of both active and passive metdata. This will also include having to harmonize and standardize the many flavors of master data and metadata patterns so these are appropriately represented. A key deliverable of this role will also be the creation/prescription of what will be foundational entities to be used across the organization as a modular, plug and play offering.
Additionally, you serve as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
This is truly an exceptional opportunity to accelerate your career and work alongside a wide cross-section of business and IT leaders within the organization. To succeed, you will need a healthy mix of strategic thinking, deep hands-on experience of modern data architecture practices deployed on the cloud and a sound understanding of the various best practices and current trends in the data architecture domain.
The preferred candidate is ideally a DAMA certified architect who can work closely with a number of IT stakeholder teams in a collaborative manner to ensure the proposed data architecture meets the underlying needs of the wider stakeholder landscape. The wider EAD Data Management Team and EAD Business Intelligence & Analytics Teams will lead the stakeholder pack closely followed by the data engineers who will rely on your expertise to ensure they are building the appropriate physical models in line your design.
The day-to-day responsibilities are to be carried out against the primary backdrop of both global and local transactional and ERP systems with a cloud-based advanced analytics platform also part of this ecosystem. These are supported by state-of-the-art technologies (AWS, Wherescape, Snowflake, AWS Sagemaker, EMR) and methodologies (Data Vault 2.0, SAFe, Scrum) enabling key transformation initiatives
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• 7+ years of data architecture experience in a cloud- based environment delivering
large scale technology projects in an international company and environment
• Knowledge of data modeling tools and methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault).
• Proven Experience with designing & building data models that are scalable and performant.
• Design data analytics solutions from classic data warehousing data lake to big data solutions
and hybrid platforms considering cloud and on prem
• Ability to create conceptual logical and physical data models and define standards principles
and methods to guide the development of those models
• Hands-on experience of working with both COTS (such as IBM Infosphere, Informatica, SAP
• MDG, SAP Information Steward, Talend etc.) and Open-source Technologies in the Master
• Data Management, Data Quality and Metadata management domains.
• Deep understanding of how an integrated Data Management hub architecture is reliant
upon the 3 functional pillars of Master Data, Data Quality and Metadata.
• Experience working within a highly- matrixed organization and able to influence and drive
change in such an environment including experience leveraging virtual teams to deliver.
• Understanding and knowledge of commercial vendors and methodologies prevalent in the
• Master data, reference data and metadata management space.
• Strong cloud technology background & knowledge of Data Architecture design principles.
• Prepare and present data models for review to required governance bodies.
• Proven experience of co-leading workshops to identify design/architecture patterns and
strong understanding of backend integration technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
• private medical and dental care, life insurance
• subsidized meals in company canteens
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
• employee pension plan
• multisport program
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
• wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
• free bike and car parking for all employees