Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
have a visible impact on the Philips society by supporting our colleagues from The Netherlands in administration & payroll area.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring that incoming enquiries to the Philips People Services are answered in a professional and efficient manner (e.g. via case management system, telephone or chat)
- Gathering all required information as the first point of contact to ensure that customer enquiry can be resolved at earliest opportunity with minimal handoffs, capture an accurate record of a customer enquiry in the case management system,
- Adequate understanding, interpreting and managing incoming enquiries to the Philips People Services
- Providing support to employees, people managers, HR Managers and HR Business Partners to enable them to effectively use the HR Portal and other relevant on-line tools for completing transactions
- Providing proper feedback to the customer if problem is referred
- Generating reference, visa application letters.
- Processing personal data changes of Philips employees (Workday, downstream systems)
- Processing changes in employees’ employment lifecycle accordingly to country payroll calendar and global guidelines
- Processing employees’ absence requests (Workday, downstream systems)
- Generating HR reports – regular and ad-hoc
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities in the PPS Center through identification of recurring employee/line manager/HR Business Partner issues to simplify and enhance policies, processes and technologies
- Provide support during the implementation of new initiatives, programs, policies, and services by acting as an employee’s first line of contact.
- Collaborating with vendors, external providers and other supporting departments (benefits provider, IT department, finance, etc.)
- Collaborating with members of country local team on HR related topics.
- Participating in regional/global improvement projects. Delivering sound customer solutions.
You are a part of
Our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Łódź where we centralize our business processes. Our focus is on supporting faster workflows and collaboration across departments, to enable leaner operations and improved results. 1000+ strong and growing, our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Lódź teams speak 30 languages and represent 13 different nationalities, supporting our operations in 50 countries supported on a daily basis.
You will be part of Philips People Services team, supporting Philips employees based in The Netherlands.
The Philips People Services Center Europe is based in Łódź, Poland and is part of Philips People Services. PPS is the Human Resources Shared Services organization of Philips. A team of HR professionals delivering HR Services to Philips employees and managers at all stages of the career cycle. PPS delivers cost-effective people services by leveraging economies of scale, globalizing processes and simplifying the ways of working, while delivering superior HR experiences by listening and acting on our customers’ feedback.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Graduate with Bachelor/Master degree
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English language (both spoken and written)
- IT Literacy: Ms Office, Workday/ SAP HR system, ServiceNow
- Highly developed communication skills
- Being detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload, multi-task is essential
- Personal integrity when handling confidential information
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work independently
The unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
Annual bonus based on performance achieved
Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
Benefit System cards
Discount for Philips’ products
Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill
Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
Why should you join Philips Global Business Services?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to make life better for people through your meaningful work, focused on positively impacting 2.5 billion lives a year by 2030. You will be challenged every day to think fast and work innovatively by building knowledge and sharing best practices to help our business to grow.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips, watch this video, visit our career website, or discover life at Philips on Instagram. You can also learn more about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.