Legal Operations Analyst, Senior Associate will play a key role in the day to day operations of the Legal Department. In this role, the Analyst will own and manage the delivery of the Legal Department's monthly accruals process from end to end and will play a lead role in providing clarifications and recommendations to both the Finance and the Accounts Payable teams. The Analyst will also collaborate with the Legal Operations Manager and other Legal Operations Analysts on the execution of the day to day tasks of the Legal Departments billing system, ONIT. The Analyst will additionally work to generate insights and identify programmatic and process improvements including additional use of analytics, technology and documenting enhancements through policy and procedures. Remote working ( hybrid model) may be possible.
- Own delivery of the end to end monthly accruals process including acting as the point of contact for clarifications and providing recommendations during monthly accruals calls.
- Partner with Law Firm Relationship manager on open issues pertaining to Legals Top Ten Law Firms
- Support the legal billing process by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on invoicing, budgeting, matter issues, RC and legal entity additions, ad-hoc reporting, quarterly litigation spending reporting and review and resolving technical issues with the electronic legal billing application
- Proactively identify opportunities to innovate and increase productivity; independently document and implement process improvements within Legal Operations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in an operations role with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated success using a data driven approach, including extensive experience with data analytics and reporting
- Experience in program design, implementation and process improvement
- Knowledge of legal operations and/or vendor risk management a plus
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and able to successfully connect and structure data, automate functions (i.e., proficient with VBA), write and utilize formulas (e.g., nested, array, V-Lookup), create pivot tables using advanced techniques, develop dashboards using tables and charts, and perform statistical analysis (e.g., forecasting, regression, trend analysis)
- Proficiency with Archer, ONIT, Sky Analytics, and Oracle AP applications a plus