Purpose Of Role:
The KYC Operations team primary role is to support Business Units in the timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML / KYC process for onboarding new customers / accounts, completion of periodic reviews and event driven reviews of existing customers / accounts to comply with State Street's AML Policy and Standards.
The team provide Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) services to State Street’s Business Units globally.
The KYC Team is tasked with collecting and analyzing client data, documents and publicly available information on State Streets’ new and existing clients, including the screening of entity names against various sanctions lists and performing the Customer Anti-Money Laundering risk assessment.
• Perform Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies, Standards & Procedures, prior to account openings and on an on-going basis
• Create KYC profiles in the system of record
• Complete the necessary forms required to support CIP / CDD
• Screen client names and other parties in line with State Street Screening Standards
• Source required CDD documentation independently from various internal and external sources (regulatory websites, company websites, Banker’s Almanac, Lexis Nexis, World Check etc.)
• Cooperate closely with Front Office employees to request all other required CDD documentation from customers
• Validate CDD documentation provided by customers
• Complete Customer AML risk assessments using corporate compliance tools and methods
• Meet agreed KRI / KPI targets for KYC profile reviews, escalating when required
• Ensure all assigned tasks are correctly maintained on designated tracking / reporting tool
• Provide updates to stakeholders upon request
• Assist with external regulatory examinations or testing
• Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
• Notify local management of operational issues
• Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Support ad hoc and/ or strategic projects as required
• Complete enhanced due diligence on high risk customers / accounts
• Perform EDD monitoring and PEP analysis as required
• Assist team members with sourcing relevant information and documentation required for CIP / CDD completion
• Assist in facilitating AML awareness training sessions across the team to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Demonstrate commitment to AML risk excellence through the timely and accurate completion of the firm’s “know your customer” due diligence requirements, including for periodic / event driven reviews and in respect of expected v actual transaction activity review
• Maintain role-specific knowledge of the current anti-money laundering and financial crime risks and issues through completion of the annual AML Academy, and any other financial crime training deemed applicable to the role
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Policies and Procedures.
Performance Planning and Review System.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
• Intellectual curiosity for continuous learning around AML and KYC
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Very good language skills in English
• One or more of the following language skills would be an advantage: French, German, Italian, Dutch, Arabic
Level Of Education:
Previous Level Of Experience:
• Advanced knowledge of anti-money laundering / know-your-customer regulations and processes (1 year +) or experience within Financial Sector (2 years+) would be an advantage
• KYC process experience for different entity types, such as Trusts, Hedge Funds, regulated entities, SPV etc. would be an advantage (1 year+)
• Experience of analyzing complex ownership structures to determine risk exposure and applicable AML/KYC requirements, including jurisdictional uplifts is desirable
• Experience with Prime, World Check, Lexis-Nexis and other negative news searches, would be an advantage
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs and our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers