Who we are looking for
As an AIS PERA Senior Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team responsible for reporting for our Private Equity or Real Assets fund clients. You will be accountable for preparing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who as a part of Alternative Investment Solutions will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
• Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
• Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors, as necessary Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
• Review and/or prepare capital call and distribution calculations; related notices to investors Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
• Review quarterly management fee calculations
• Review and/or preparation of waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
• Review limited partnership agreements and offering memoranda to ensure all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with the fund’s governing documents
• Maintain working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues
• Ensure all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary
• Participate in special client or internal projects as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Solid team player
Strong attention to details and well organized
Self motivated and proactive
Strong analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Ambition to succeed and forge a long term career in one of the largest Funds Servicing companies in the world
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Minimum 1 year experience within a similar role
Good command of English
PC literate and competent in use of Excel
Finance, Accounting, Business Degree would be an asset
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers