Your new team
The KYC Operations team primary role is to support Business Units in the timely and accurate delivery of the end to end AML / KYC process for onboarding new customers / accounts, completion of periodic reviews and event driven reviews of existing customers / accounts to comply with State Street's AML Policy and Standards.
The team provide Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) services to State Street’s Business Units globally.
The KYC Team is responsible for analysing client data, documents and publicly available information on State Streets’ new and existing clients, including the screening of entity names against various sanctions lists and performing the Customer Anti-Money Laundering risk assessment.
We are looking for?
An expert in the flied of AML, KYC, Financial Crime, Due Diligence or Client Onboarding with supervisory experience and team leadership abilities.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and Gdańsk or Kraków office to match your needs and role requirements.
Your new role
As AML/KYC Operations Manager you will:
• Be responsible for a team of KYC Specialists in the timely and accurate delivery of CIP / CDD / EDD services to stakeholders
• Monitor and manage the team workload, setting up priorities to ensure deliverables are met
• Recruit new team members
• Encourage the team to follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches.
• Assist in facilitating AML awareness training sessions across the team to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables
• Support ad hoc and/ or strategic projects as required
• Demonstrate commitment to AML risk excellence through the timely and accurate completion of the firm’s “know your customer” due diligence requirements, including for periodic / event driven reviews and in respect of expected v actual transaction activity review
• Maintain role-specific knowledge of the current anti-money laundering and financial crime risks and issues through completion of the annual AML Academy, and any other financial crime training deemed applicable to the role
What we value
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
• Demonstrated ability of engagement with senior staff across multiple locations
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Fluent command of English language
• Advanced knowledge of anti-money laundering / know-your-customer regulations and processes
• Minimum 5-6 years of experience in AML / KYC client on boarding / periodic reviews or compliance function
• Team leadership experience: 1-2 years is an asset (performance and workload management, staff recruitment, leading team meetings and 1-to-1s, setting KPIs)
• Ability to lead, coach and develop staff
What we offer
Permanent contract of employment from day one
Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
Employee savings plan
Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
Variety of well-being programs
Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer