Payroll and HR Administration Expert with German, Senior Associate
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
- Deliver HR administration and Payroll activities to support EMEA HR and providing Tier 3 customer support for such HR services.
- Manage employee queries related to HR
- Provide accurate and consistent advise to employees within agreed SLA
- Coordinate and ensure effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details within or across divisions that includes handling confidential and sensitive information that pertains to employee personal sensitive data.
- Act as a local escalation first point of contact for all HR issues
- Prepare and distributes standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines Take care of assigned HR activities in a timely accurate and efficient manner in line with local legislative requirements including relevant paper work preparation & sign off;
- Engage with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and operational areas to quantify, track and measure potential business benefits and/ or risk for any defined HR processes
- Ensure and monitoring the compliance of maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across GHR Shared Services and act in an advisory role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy
- Build and maintain close relationship with GHR Shared Services global regional and local vendors as required to deliver high standard service to internal clients
- Take accountability for the continuous improvement in HR team based on observations and input; implementation of new ideas on streamlining of the processes,
- Develop and build strong partnerships across key areas such as GHR Finance Corporate Tax Audit and Compliance
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Fluency in written and oral German and English (B2/C1 level required)
- Bachelor’s diploma – preferably HR / finance / accounting
- At least 2-3 years of experience in HR Operations or Payroll position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations, tax compliance and working with outsourced providers
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems required with PeopleSoft experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up and others)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst working towards strict deadlines
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a dynamic business environment with attention to detail
- Strong customer focus and “can do” attitude
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner