Role name and description
EY’s GDS Tax Technology team’s mission is to develop, implement and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a member of EY’s core Tax practice, you’ll develop a deep tax technical knowledge and outstanding database, data analytics and programming skills.
EY's GDS Tax Technology team members work side-by-side with the firm's partners, clients and tax technical subject matter experts to develop and incorporate technology solutions that enhance value-add, improve efficiencies and enable our clients with disruptive and market leading tools supporting Tax.
Ever-increasing regulations require tax departments to gather, organize and analyse more data than ever before. Often the data necessary to satisfy these ever-increasing and complex regulations must be collected from a variety of systems and departments throughout an organization. Effectively and efficiently handling the variety and volume of data is often extremely challenging and time consuming for a company.
Your key responsibilities
- Ability to work with sophisticated requirements and specification documents, and devise and develop appropriate software solutions
- Ability to integrate into an existing development team and work with an existing extensive code base
- Responsible for the creation of programmatic modules, unit tests and test data related to development assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 5-8 years of C# and .NET Framework development experience
To qualify for the role, you must have
- CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as Azure Devops.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; as well as define problems, and develop methods to resolve them in a timely manner
- Maintain the consistently high quality of the software code
- Ensure the relevant coverage by unit tests and/or automated testing routines
- Experience in Azure DevOps, Agile/Scrum methodology
What we look for
- Partner with peers, management, senior leaders, internal and external business users to identify, capture, and understand their goals and to formulate strategies to support them, while prioritizing requests and staying within timelines
- Work cross-functionally with teams to build and share technology vision on an ongoing basis
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.