Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
We are looking for a candidate who will be part of the Solution Architecture team within the Client Technology Solution Architecture function. The candidate will be responsible for delivering solution designs and architectures for key global initiatives hosted in a variety of environments considering re-use, scalability and reliability in alignment with EY’s mission and strategy!
You will holistically evaluate the architecture and use deep technical expertise to understand the business impact of a technical component, recommending and implementing new solutions, ways of working and technologies to meet business requirements. You will build relationships across the business to understand requirements, apply deep technical knowledge of solution and technical architecture to solve business problems and work closely with other architecture and development teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
This role will also create reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with EY business, multi-disciplinary teams including our peers in Technical Solution Management and Product Costing.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide architecture leadership & domain expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets
- Develop solution plans, prior to kicking off a project during a product life cycle, intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
- Create innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of the products, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of EY’s technology environment.
- Work closely and continuously with the clients to focus on meeting business/client requirements and incorporating broader aspects such as overall product costs/revenue, data privacy & sovereignty, business continuity, information security, integration with other systems, etc.
- Identify, define and implementing reusable assets and standards. The solution architect is also responsible for adherence to these standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and portfolios
- Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
- Contribute to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
- Work with the vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY.
- Ability to work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. A Solution Architect sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. They anticipates needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Cultivate lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends.
- Recognizes industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to EY and can drive their adoption into our organization.
- Evangelizes and encourages the importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
- Maintains ongoing dialogue and builds trusted relationships with customers to educate them on the purpose and benefits of the right architecture for the solution
- Guide others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a product
- Monitor quality and progress of the project and reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution align with architectural design
To qualify for the role you must have
- Advanced understanding of solution architecture.
- Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY standards
- Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to business partners effectively and comprehensibly
- Understanding of business and organizational strategy
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, other “capabilities” of a system
- Good understanding of the latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Expert-level skills in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or OpenStack)
- Ability to navigate the EY organization to facilitate work beyond the immediate technical team
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- A broad understanding of EY Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Economics
- 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- 3+ years in a solution or technical architect role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using (Azure) IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with any claims-based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, JIT, and/or RBAC / Ping etc.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Managed the end-to-end lifecycles of a project in solution architect capacity
- Experience with mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Comprehensive experience in financial management, solution plan development and product cost estimation
- Solid business understanding, management and marketing communication skills
- Significant experience in presenting ideas, products, concept papers to varied audiences
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Ability to deal efficiently with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner to resolve problems and achieve business goals
- Experience supporting peer teams and their responsibilities; such as infrastructure, operations, engineering, info-security
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools like Azure DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Octopus, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Experience with Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
- Experience in data movement and transformation technologies
- Working knowledge of visualization tools like Power BI or Tableau and understanding of analytics tools including Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Analytics, Data Lake Analytics.
- Experience with AI and Machine Learning tools such as Azure ML etc.
- Delivered projects or initiatives using common methodologies especially SAFe Agile but also Waterfall, Iterative etc.
- Extensive experience in project and/or product management
- Experience putting together architecture for mobile applications that are either independent applications or supplementary addons (to intranet or extranet)
- Achieved one or more of the typical Solution Architecture certifications e.g. Microsoft, MS Azure Certification, TOGAF, AWS Cloud Certified, Pivotal, CISSIP, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, and SAP etc.
What we look for
We want people who are self-starters, who can take initiative and get things done. If you can think critically and creatively to solve problems, you will excel. You should be comfortable working with culturally diverse outsourced on/offshore team members which means you may need to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone to partner with other Client Technology staff globally. Some travel may also be required, both domestic and international.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more