Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
The Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) team closely cooperates with EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC) and comprises dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices.
We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Statutory Reporting, Service Management, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Indirect Tax, Finance Operations, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
We have an exciting opportunity for Accounting Manager to join the Finance Operations Team. Finance Operations provides the client with immediate access to an entire finance function delivering End to End services from transaction processing, accounting, monthly reporting through the statutory and tax cycle.
Your key responsibilities
- Coordinate the global corporate accounting process and/ or statutory reporting compliance for Global Clients
- Own the legal entity or set of legal entities trial balance for accuracy and act as the Controller for those
- Meticulous adherence to the compliance calendar of client in order to ensure smooth month end closing activities
- Detailed review of accounts, schedules and workings to testify the quality of deliverables, and assist in effectively implementing the internal review mechanism and Control process
- Providing exceptional front ending client service on delivery including, development, implementation and management client strategic processes
- Liaise with the Client Global Process Owners on the accounting processes and continuous improvement opportunities
- Willingness to challenge status quo processes and desire to implement process improvements by providing lean ideas, enforcing an environment with uncompromising controls and improve quality
- Own and maintain internal and external reporting dashboards to demonstrate progress of activities
- Effective work planning and capacity planning to support other colleagues
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong accounting experience and knowledge in in Local GAAP, IFRS and/ or US-GAAP
- Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of ERP system: SAP / S4Hana or Navision would be a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills as this is a client facing role, both in English and Polish (Business English).
- Knowledge of other foreign languages (German, French, Spanish, Dutch etc.) would be a strong asset.
- Experience in managing relationships for international clients and their accounting process will be preferred
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong client and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated, aspirational, and result oriented.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- University degree (minimum Bachelor BAC+3 degree) in accounting, finance or in economics
- Overall 7 – 15 years of experience in accounting for similar role within area of: Record to Report, General Ledger, Statutory Reporting and/or Financial Reporting
- Chartered Accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) post graduate qualification will be preferred with great knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP
- Candidates with proven capabilities of setting up Multi country Finance Operations, process management, month end close, account reconciliation and financial reporting processes
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in developing teams and ability to manage a team of experienced finance colleagues.
- Proven track of working with leaders from across geographies and managing the deliverables under a fast changing expectations with accurate quality in a metrics environment.
- Outlook towards increasing the productivity and resource utilization, and ability to effectively implement the process change with adequate engagement support.
- Exposure on International assignments on F & A Transitions, Auditing, Consulting or other engagements is an added advantage for this role.
What we look for
- We are looking for an highly experienced and talented professional practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional audit or accounting area, with practical knowledge and expertise in Local GAAP, IFRS and/ or US-GAAP, who wants to develop and work within global environment.
- If you are a highly motivated person, who meets the listed requirements, do not hesitate and simply apply for this job.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more