Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology function of EY seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients. We build robust technology platforms for business and powerful product engine that enable innovation at scale and technology at speed. We build multi-tenant, frictionless, global, multi-cloud & scalable products & platforms.
As a developer advocate, you will work with developers, engineers and architects to support them build applications and businesas solutions on Client Technology Platform (CTP). Our Cloud Platform Developer Advocate team combines expertise from different platform engineering functions with a desire to help and empower our Service Lines to build products and solutions that are important to our clients and solve problems in simple, scalable, trusted and innovative ways. If you take great professional pride in advocating, evangelizing and implementing technology platforms that delight an ever evolving and very discerning user and developer base, helping and promoting technical communities, then you should seriously consider applying.
Your key responsibilities
As Developer Advocate for Client Technology Platform Engineering group, you will be in the thick of things! You will:
- Drive organization wide initiatives and program to accelerate adoption of our cloud platform and promote reuse and standardization.
- Work with application developers, DevOps Engineers and Solution Architects to support them design, build and deploy their applications using Client Technology Platform (CTP) and its products.
- Raise awareness of our cloud platforms, technologies and methodologies within our developer base and technical communities through enablement and inspiration.
- Conduct design review of business applications and product and provide the recommendations to raise the levels of engineering and architecture excellence.
- Support application engineering teams to adopt platform products through coding, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Support platform engineering teams by helping them to remove key blockers in adoption of their products. Help them with your practitioner knowledge to define product strategies and craft narratives around new platform products and technologies.
- Build Proof of Concepts and reference architectures to accelerate the usage of cloud platform and products.
- Write technical blogs and articles to share best practices, promote reuse and raise awareness.
- Advise recommended platform products and technologies to application engineering teams based on their requirements
- Lead innovative ways and initiatives such hackathons, gamification to raise awareness and skills on our cloud platform across the organization.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options in one or more clouds: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc.
- Strong understanding of container technologies: docker, Kubernetes and one or more its flavors - AKS, GKE, Redhat Openshift, EKS etc.
- Good awareness of DevSecOps, Agile methodologies, CI/CD, and tools like Azure DevOps, GitHub, Ansible.
- Experience with software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment, and operations)
- Hands-on Experience in one or more development platform .NET technologies (C#), Java, NodeJS including:
- Front end / UI technologies including frameworks such as React/Angular.js
- Developing resilient web services (microservices etc.). Great understanding of RESTful architecture.
- Data (including sql, no-sql databases) and AI technologies
- Experience with blogging and writing technical articles for an existing follower base. Speaking experience at technology conferences will be an added advantage.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- B.E/B.Tech from a reputed institute
- 8+ years of deep technology experience at very large enterprises or web scale product companies
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of software products on cloud technologies and platforms.
- Technical Certification in relevant technologies
- Prior Experience in one more roles such as Software Developer, Architect, Technical Advocate, technical community manager.
- Experience working in global teams and stakeholder management. You are Glocal, i.e.
- Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
- Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
- Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location
- Experience in presenting ideas, papers, patents to varied audiences
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more