Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
The GDS firms are service delivery centers from which EY Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate to deliver strategic support to EY member firms. GDS spans all geographies, practices, services lines, sectors and competencies within EY to deliver deeply integrated services that result in efficient and world-class solutions.
Our Global Delivery Services business (GDS) is seeking a qualified lawyer to support employment and labour law matters as part of the GDS legal team.
The GDS Legal Team is part of the Global GCO team and is responsible for all legal support to the GDS business.
You will be part of the GDS legal team responsible for advising and collaborating with stakeholders in relation to all employment law related matters across the GDS centres in India, Poland, China, Argentina, the Philippines, Hungary, UK and other upcoming GDS locations. You will be working closely with the other members of the GDS Legal Team, GDS Talent team as well as business stakeholders in all GDS locations.
Your key responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to work alongside the GDS GCO Lead Employment Counsel, to assist and advise on all aspects relating to employment/labour law issues.
The incumbent in the role shall:
- Possess sound understanding on employment/labour laws and have experience of working in global environment to oversee advice and strategy on employment law matters.
- Create documents and templates relating to employment, onboarding, social security, investigations, separation, and termination in partnership with employee relations and Talent teams.
- Support the Lead Employment Counsel and HR/Talent teams in formulating, reviewing, and revising policies.
- Identify the legal risks in a transaction and develop risk mitigation plans for the same in partnership with the Talent.
- Possess sound understanding and global perspective in relation to the investigation principles and processes.
- Possess sound knowledge related to compliances and policies for contract labour, fixed -term employees and gig resources.
- Possess fair understanding of immigration and mobility issues.
- Have a fair understanding of legal issues and solutions related to employee transfers and transitions in M&A and outsourcing scenarios.
- Support Employee Relations and Talent with proactive dispute resolution strategy
- Manage and supervise litigations in collaboration with Outside Counsels
- Have experience of appearing before the labour offices and regulatory bodies
- Partner with Talent and Risk function to develop a comprehensive labour compliance program to proactively ensure compliance with applicable labour laws.
- Provide training to stakeholders to enable them proactively manage employment and labour risks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Must be a team player.
- Commercial awareness of the business issues facing the GDS organisation across locations.
- The ability to translate complex legal advice into practical advice for a range of stakeholders who may be unfamiliar with the legal environment.
- Build & maintain trusted and effective inter-personal relationships and adopt a sensitive approach to intercultural contacts, communication and ways of working.
- Highest standards of excellence and personal integrity.
- Being flexible, organised and adaptable; able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritise key areas of responsibility where deadlines may conflict.
- Strong personal communication skills, including an excellent command of the English language. Another language is a benefit.
- Sound decision-making based on risk assessment and evaluation.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, whilst keeping leadership abreast of key matters.
- Strong written skills, including drafting legal advice, contracts and policies.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor of law (minimum)
- Hands on experience in in handling Labour law matters
- Minimum experience of 7 years
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior experience of working in an In-house Legal Department supporting employment law matters and labor compliances.
- Prior experience of dealing with labor and employment litigation would be an advantage
What we look for
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness and patience.
- Pragmatic with good business acumen.
- Composed individual with good judgement.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more